My WGU Student Portal login: How to access MyWGU student account? Check all Western Governors University student portal my.wgu.edu related updated information and login troubleshooting steps.
What are the features and benefits of this portal and what kind of services students can access online? We are sharing complete details in this article including step-by-step processes to access different services.
WGU Student Portal
WGU Student Portal is an online portal designed and developed for students studying at Western Governors University (WGU). It provides various academic and administrative resources to students and acts as a central hub where students have access to all the learning resources, courses, study materials, library, academic support, career advice, etc.
Western Governors University student portal is a one-stop solution for most academic guidance. For example, students can view their grades, register for classes, check their financial aid status, and access career-related services.
WGU is a private, nonprofit online university that offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in various fields, including business, information technology, education, nursing, and healthcare. The WGU Student Portal is a critical tool for its students, providing them with the resources they need to succeed in their academic pursuits.
How to access WGU Student Portal?
You can access the WGU student account through the WGU mobile app or by visiting the official MyWGU website.
There are some login-related requirements that all students must follow.
- Please arrange the correct web URL of the Western Governors student portal.
- Please arrange a secure and trusted device to access the portal.
- Please install a secure web browser on the device preferably Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- Please ensure a stable internet connection available during the login process.
- Students must be enrolled in a course.
- Students must have their login credentials.
Login to the WGU Online Student Portal website:
- Visit the My WGU login page https://my.wgu.edu/.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Press the Sign On button to access your account.
Student Portal WGU account recovery
If there is any type of issue a student is facing while logging in to the student account then account recovery options are available on the official portal. Students can easily recover their MyWGU account and access that. Please check the below steps to recover your account.
How to reset the password?
Please follow the below steps to reset and create a new student portal password.
- Visit the Western Governors University student login page.
- Click the Forgot Password link located below the login form.
- You may also visit the password reset page directly at https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/forgotpassword/forgotPassword.jsf.
- Enter your username on the password reset page and press the Next button.
- You will receive an email at the registered email address.
- Reset your password with the help of the instructions received in the email.
How to recover the student username?
In case a student forgot the My WGU Username then the below-given steps will be helpful for the username recovery.
- Visit the official WGU login page.
- Click the Recover Username link available just below the login form.
- On the next page, enter your email address registered with your student account.
- Press the Submit button.
- Your username will be sent to your email address.
Note: Your email address is the same one that you entered while submitting your admission form.
WGU Student Portal Dashboard
After login into your student portal, you will be redirected to your student dashboard page where you will find all essential services and information such as academic information, course information you have enrolled in, your class schedule, financial aid, student support, etc.
There are three important parts of your student dashboard page where you can access different types of information.
- Top section
- The first section of the homepage
- The bottom section of the homepage
The top section consists of the top menu and the latest notifications, messages, and student profile links at the top right corner.
You can navigate and access different information as mentioned below from the top menu.
- Degree Plan
- Student Centers
- Student Support
2-The first section of the homepage:
- Below the top menu, you will find your mentor information, contact details on the top left side, and a link to book an appointment. Students can quickly contact their mentor through the phone number or email address.
- Next, you will find Term Progress information such as the number of remaining days and completed/remaining competency units.
- Next to that, you will find Programm Progress information. This will help students to keep track of their progress toward completing their graduation.
3-The bottom section of the homepage:
- There are important links for the News, Email, Action Items, Schedule, Financial Services, etc in the first part.
- After that, there is a courses section with links to your courses. You can click the links and navigate to your courses.
- Next is the Community section where different student community links are available such as the student community portal, WGU commons, WGU Facebook groups, student success center, Technical support, Writing Center, Math center, Career & professional development center, Assessment & Evaluation support, etc. Students can join and engage with other students through these community links.
To know more about the Student portal of WGU University, you may check the below video.
How to access Courses on WGU Student Portal?
The course link is available on the homepage and also in the top menu. Once you click any one of your current course links, you will be redirected to the course page where you can access course materials, learning resources, assessment preparation, and course charter.
Since WGU follows the competence-based learning model so students can focus on the topics that they have to learn. Students can check on the completed sections and move to the section that they want to learn.
The course materials tab will provide the study materials, textbooks, and videos that will help you to complete your course. Students can access these course materials digitally through a smartphone or laptop/desktop. After completing all the competencies of the course, students can take the assessment.
My WGU Student Portal Sign Up
If you are a new student and haven’t created your student account then you must register your account to get all the benefits of the online academic services students gets through their MyWGU portal. Creating a new account is a very easy process. You will have to complete your registration through the https://myid.wgu.edu/ website. Please follow the below steps.
- Help Us Identify You
- Choose an Answer to Three Security Questions
- Make a Note of Your Username
- Create a Password
- Use Your New Credentials to Sign In to MyWGU Portal
Note: You can create a new account if you have already submitted your admission application.
Let’s check out the above process in detail.
WGU student account signup process:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Help Us Identify You
Visit the My WGU login page and click the Create an account link. You can also visit the sign-up page directly at https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/student/loginClaimProcess.jsf URL.
Enter your First name, Last name, and six-digit Application PIN. Press the Next button to proceed with the next step.
Choose an Answer to Three Security Questions
Please answer to three given questions in the next step. Please write an answer that you can easily remember.
You will have to share the answers if you forgot your password and trying to reset your password. You will have to verify your identity by answering the security questions.
Press the Next button after setting up security questions.
Make a Note of Your Username
In the next step, you can find your username. Please note down your username in a secure place and don’t share it with anyone. Your username will be used to access your student portal, courses, WGU learning resources, etc.
Your email address will be [email protected]. If you want to sign in, you will have to enter the username only without the @my.wgu.edu suffix.
Create a Password
In the next step, you will have to create a new secure password to access your student portal. Please follow the below password requirements by WGU.
-Password must be at least eight characters long.
– Password must contain at least one uppercase letter, lowercase letter, and a numerical digit.
-You may also use special characters in the password.
Press the Next button to move on to the final step.
Use Your New Credentials to Sign In to MyWGU Portal
After creating the password, your sign-up process will be completed and your new student account is ready to access. You can now sign in to MyWGU Portal by using your newly created username and password.
Note: If your new TERM is starting from April 1st and you are not able to register then you must contact your program mentor. You will be able to register only if your degree plan is approved by your mentor.
My WGU Student Portal Login through the mobile app:
Students can also download the official Western Governors University mobile application “WGU Mobile” to log in and access their study-related resources and information such as courses, assignments, contact with faculty, etc. Students will also receive push notifications for important events.
How to download the My WGU mobile app?
Students can download the official mobile app through the links given below or they can also search for the My WGU app on Google Play or App Store and download that on their smartphone.
How to log in to the mobile app?
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone.
- Enter your WGU username and password.
- Tap the Sign In button to access your student account.
Benefits of the WGU student mobile app:
WGU Mobile app is the best way to access online courses and learn from anywhere. Students can contact the faculty anytime and also take the assessment.
This app has been developed by Western Governors University to provide the below benefits to students.
- Now the app supports multiple platforms and different orientations such as portrait or landscape.
- Students can access all study material, online courses, and degree plans.
- Students can find their term information and find out the complete and remaining courses.
- Push notification is an important feature of the MyWGU mobile app that students will get on their smartphones.
- WGU student portal and mobile app synchronize in real-time so students can resume their courses through the mobile app.
- Student support service is also available through the app and students can also access links to important resources such as WGU Library, Student Handbook, and more.
Western Governors University Student Portal Helpline
If you have any questions or encounter technical issues on WGU Student Portal then please take help through the below contact details.
Phone: (385) 428-3102 (text or call)
Phone: (877) 435-7948 (call)
Email: [email protected]
|Western Governors University website||https://www.wgu.edu/|
|Western Governors University student portal||https://my.wgu.edu/|
|Student portal password reset page||https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/forgotpassword/forgotPassword.jsf|
|Student portal username recovery page||https://myid.wgu.edu/iiq/external/student/forgotusername/forgotUsername.jsf|
|Retrieve the application PIN page||https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/student/forgotapplicationpin/forgotApplicationPin.jsf|
|Create a new student account||https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/student/loginClaimProcess.jsf|
|WGU Academy login page||https://academy.wgu.edu/login|
|Name of the portal||WGU Student Portal|
|Developed by||Western Governors University|
|Purpose||To provide helpful academic resources and services to all WGU students|
|Beneficiary||All students studying at Western Governors University|
WGU Student Portal FAQs
What is my application PIN and why it is required?
All students create an application PIN while submitting their online application for admission. Application PIN is a six-digit number that is required to create your student portal account at WGU.
Students also get this PIN in an email from Western Governor University along with instructions to create a new account. If you don’t get any email or forgot your application PIN then you can retrieve that online.
How to Sign Up for WGU online student portal if I forgot my application PIN?
You can not create a new student account without your application PIN which is a six-digit number created by you.
If you forgot your PIN then you can retrieve it online through the official WGU portal. Please check the below steps.
-Visit the My WGU portal login page https://my.wgu.edu/.
-Click the create a new MyWGU Portal Account link.
-On the online signup page, click the “retrieve your 6-Digit Application PIN”.
-You may also visit the direct web page at https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/student/forgotapplicationpin/forgotApplicationPin.jsf
-Enter the personal email address associated with your account.
-Press the Submit button.
-Your PIN will be sent to your email address.
After getting your PIN you can sign up for a new student account.
Can I access my courses on WGU Student Portal?
Definitely, What would be the benefits of the student portal if there is no information about courses? The course like is available in the top menu and students can easily find course-related information after login into their student account.
Is WGU Student Portal available on mobile devices?
Yes, students can access their accounts through the WGU mobile app. The mobile app is available for Android and iOS platforms.
Can I track my academic progress on WGU Student Portal?
Yes, It’s very easy to track your academic progress. Just log in to your account and check your academic progress on your dashboard page. You can also check it through the WGU mobile app. You can also find your progress through the Degree Plan link available in the top menu.
Are there any resources available on WGU Student Portal to help me succeed in my courses?
There are a lot of resources available to help you to complete your courses. Some of the resources are available in the Success Center menu item in your WGU student portal such as:
Student success center
Career and professional development center
Personal learning guide
Course tips, assessments, study plans, and notes are available once you open any course through the Courses menu item.
Can I access my financial aid information on WGU Student Portal?
After completing the FAFSA, you will receive your personal My Financial Aid Plan on the Financial Aid page in your student portal.
Students can create an account at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to apply for the Federal Student Loan.
You can check the Financial Aid information by visiting the Financial Aid section in the WGU student portal. Login to your WGU portal account and navigate to Student Support -> Financial Services.
How do I update my personal information on WGU Student Portal?
You can access your student profile through the link available in the top right corner. Click this link to view or edit your profile information.
Is WGU Student Portal secure?
Yes, It’s a secure web portal running on the HTTPS secure protocol. It is also a .edu domain provided only to educational institutions. Educational institutes implement several measures to keep students’ data secure.
Can I access WGU Student Portal after I graduate from WGU?
Yes, the WGU email and student portal remain active even after your graduation. If you are not able to access your account then you can call the IT service desk.
Please note that some of the features that you can access as an active student might not be available after graduation such as your courses and resources, etc. You will have access to your Alumni profile and resources.
About Western Governors University
Western Governors University is famous for its online courses and degree programs. Different types of courses are available online along with a well-managed and easily accessible digital learning solution.
As per the continuing year-by-year success WGU is fulfilling its objective of providing education to everyone as all students deserve a good quality education.
WGU is also fulfilling its objective to provide education as per the student’s own schedule and without any limited timeline.
We have shared all the important information, resources, and step-by-step guides to access different services from the WGU student portal such as login, registration, registration, etc. We hope you find the information you are looking for. Finally, thanks for reading this article.